MEASURING INSTRUCTIONS - HOW TO MAKE THE RIGHT MEASUREMENT
For best results, we recommend bringing a second person with you
1. Back Length: Place a measuring tape in the center of your back on your jacket. Fix the beginning of the measuring tape at the base of the collar at shoulder level. Pull the tape straight up and down the center of the back of the jacket and secure the end of the tape where the garment ends.
2. Sleeve length: Place the measuring tape on the outer edge of the humerus and pull it across the elbow to the wrist.
3. Waist: Loosely wrap the measuring tape around your torso at navel level. Continue to breathe in a relaxed manner, do not suck in your stomach, and make sure that the measuring tape does not sag.
4.Pant Belt: Wrap the measuring tape horizontally just above your navel around your waistband. Make sure you hold the tape tightly. If you already have pants that fit perfectly, you can also measure them. To do this, place them directly on the table and measure the width of the belt from left to right. Multiply the result twice, you get the size at the waist (the size of the belt of the trousers). Classic trouser suits are usually indicated with German clothing sizes.
5. Inside leg length: Measure the length of the inside leg from the crotch to the soles of your feet. Or measure your pants.
THE RIGHT SHIRT SIZE FOR YOUR TYPE OF FIGURE
1. Collar size: The collar is approximately the size of the neck circumference. Wrap your neck with tape measure. The tape should be about two centimeters above the junction of the neck with the shoulders (perhaps this will be the lower part of the Adam's apple). The measuring tape must be held tightly - no distances are allowed. Also, do not overtighten the tape - you just need to pull it just enough to make the correct measurement. Make sure that the tape lies flat, without tilting or curving. Remember your results - this will be the girth of the neck. When buying a shirt, please note that its actual size will be one centimeter larger. For example, if your figure is 38 cm, then the size of the shirt should be indicated by the number 39.
2. Bust: Stand up straight, continue breathing relaxed and freely place the measuring tape horizontally around your chest and shoulder blades. Make sure the measuring tape does not sag on your back.
3. Waist: Place a measuring tape around your torso at navel level. Stand up straight without sucking in your stomach. Keep the measuring tape loose, but don't let it sag.
4. Sleeve length: Lower your arm down and place the measuring tape over your shoulder and pull the tape up to your wrist.
5. Back Length: Stand straight, place the measuring tape on your shoulder at neck level and point it towards the bottom of the garment you are measuring.
* To measure T-shirts / polos, sweaters / sweaters, we recommend following the advice given above (measurements of shirts). Since the steps for measuring: the width of the shoulders, the volume of the chest and the length of the product are identical.
HOW TO MEASURE THE SIZE of your jeans / pants
If you want to measure jeans or pants to find out which tailoring and sizes are right for you, then get pants that fit you well. It is advisable that the trousers are not heavily worn out and stretched. The leg should end at or slightly below the talus, depending on your preference.
- Not all pants will be measured the same. Get a few pairs of pants that fit you well. Dress pants will look slightly different from chinos or jeans.
- Waist: Place your trousers on the floor for the most accurate measurement. Smooth them out to remove wrinkles, but try not to stretch them. Attach the tape to the back of the belt and record the reading. Double this number to get the exact waist size (full girth).
- Hips: Take a measuring tape and place it on your pants at the zipper. Measure the distance from edge to edge of the seams. Multiply the resulting number by half to get the required value.
- Inseam Length: Start at the crotch (where the pieces of fabric intersect) and work the measuring tape down the inside of the leg to the very bottom where the leg will touch the shoe. You can also get accurate measurements by wearing a pair of pants and standing right against a wall. However, this method works best when you can ask a friend to take this measurement for you.